Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

FULL AS A FROG IN A LIGHTNING BUG STORM

I’m eating a meal and my belly tells me I’m full, and I sigh, take another drink before forcing down my next bite, then my head says “you better stop or you’ll be sorry!” Again my head repeats, “you do this every time and every time you regret it!” Yet I, a logically thinking, practical and level headed person full of common sense, says to herself, “not uh, I can finish….there’s not much left on my plate, it’s just a few more bites….I’ll be okay.” Then my brain jumps in one more time and reminds me, “you say that every time” and again, I act as if my brain is whispering to me in Spanish and I can’t comprehend what it’s saying. So I finish my plate, near to the point of licking it in public, just to say at the last drop, “man I shouldn’t have done that, I’m gonna regret that later.” I tell myself, “I’ve got to quit doing this….how many times will it take before I learn?” I resolve that this will be the last time that I do this to myself and next time I will listen to that little voice in my head. (Yeah right!)

So at my next meal, my plate is gently laid in front of me and the waitress asks if I need anything else? To which of course I respond, “may I have some extra sauce?” I’m sure you see what’s coming next……Yep! Lather, Rinse, Repeat!!! Geesh! So, I say to those of you that have ever taken any advice from me what so ever….WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU THINKING?!? The next time one of you is dining with me and you see that all too familiar “I’m so full” sigh, not to be confused with “this conversation is really boring” sigh which some of you have undoubtedly seen, take my plate and throw it on the floor. :) I will gladly pay for the broken plate and wasted food. Then smack me on the head (lightly) and remind me of this blog post. At which point I may possibly buy your meal or just end our friendship if we happen to be eating Lebanese!

No comments:

Post a Comment