Search This Blog

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Seasons Change


     I love the time of year when you can roast marshmallows and sit by the fire. I had my first fire in the new house and it was so wonderful and cozy. I love watching the leaves change their colors and feeling the weather get colder by the day. Nature is always renewing itself and it's a good reminder that I can do the same.


     Getting ready for a fresh start to the New Year, I can change some of my colors too! Thinking about all of the possible New Year’s resolutions that I might make...lose a couple pounds, get a new hair style, save more money this year, or find a man. Wait...did I just say that? :) But as I thought about it, I realized that those are all external changes.
   
   This year, I want to focus on the internal changes. What are the things that I want to improve on the inside. Grow closer to God, don't get frustrated so easily, be kinder, be a better friend, be more thoughtful, focus on what's important in life, and determine my priorities. Thinking of all these things, some of my thoughts surprised me. Things that were once important....less than a year ago, not so much now. The important people in my life have also been realigned. This has been such a great exercise of thought. I am feeling more refreshed, confident, and even happier.

     I am even open to your feedback if you feel that there are things that I should think about that I didn't mention. What have you always wanted to tell me but didn't.... More importantly, maybe you will think of change from the inside, out.

2 comments:

  1. Hello this is Derrick. Well what can I say about fall. I just love fall. It's the most wonderful time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree....I just love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete