Search This Blog

Monday, March 15, 2010

No spring chicken anymore....

           Okay, I can no longer "hang in there" with college students. I hosted about ten of them at my house last Monday. They were staying the night for one night on their way to Charleston for Spring Break. The deal was that they could stay the night and in return they would do some yard work for me. A little caveat to this was that I also had to cook them dinner....which I didn't mind doing. However, dinner was over at 7:30 and by 7:45 they were piling into their 8 passenger van to head to Sandhills of which I declined to go. Citing that I was tired and was going to fiddle around the house and get some stuff done. After they left, I promptly sat down on the couch where I fell asleep in about .3 seconds. Only to be wakened by those ten students banging on my door to get back in the house....2 1/2 hours later when they came back. Yes, I slept the entire time they were gone and if that wasn't bad enough.....

            Next they decided to watch movie and invited me to watch with them. I declined this invitation as well as I was already so tired from my nap that I needed to go to bed. I was in bed inside of 5 minutes after they came home. As I drifted off to sleep, I laid there and pondered how old have I become that I fall asleep on the couch after dinner.....LIKE MY DAD!!!! Additionally, after having napped for 2 1/2 hours, I wasn't rested enough to stay and watch a movie. To top it all off.....I was having a beer because all of the "college kids" were doing it and I couldn't even finish one beer! OMG......need I say more. Next thing you know, I won't even need an alarm clock anymore.....let's pray that day doesn't come too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment